How to Make Homemade Protein Powder in Just 10 Minutes
At a time when the world is struggling with the Coronavirus pandemic, the best we can do is to increase our body’s defense against the disease. A proper diet and breathing exercise is the need of the hour. One of the best ways to boost immunity is by adding protein to your diet. Wondering how to make protein powder at home? In this blog, we will introduce to you the best protein powder recipe which you can make with simple kitchen ingredients. Though you can find protein powders at the market too, it is difficult to decide which one to choose.
Why protein is essential for the body?
Protein, one of the versatile macronutrients plays a vital role in boosting immune function. On average, individuals need 0.8-1.0 g of protein per kg ideal body weight. But Indian’s intake of protein is quite less. The recommendations may vary depending on different factors such as age or ailment. It is essential to consume a good quantity and quality of protein every day for a good immune system. The major source of protein is all animal and plant based products such as eggs, meat, fish, poultry, milk, curd, paneer, whey, cereals, and pulses etc.
Easy recipe for homemade protein powder
This ideal and handy recipe can help you boost your immune system as well as losing weight. It is generally served with a warm glass of milk, but can also be served with a choice of beverages as per your tastebuds.
1 cup almond
½ cup walnut kernels
¼ cup pistachios
¼ cup cashew nuts
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp melon seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
½ cup oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup milk powder (unsweetened)
How to make it
1. Take a pan and dry roast 1 cup almond until it turns aromatic. Keep it aside.
2. In the same pan, take ½ cup walnut kernels, ¼ cup pistachios, and ¼ cup cashew nut and dry roast until the nuts are crunchy. Add to the almonds.
3. Take 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp melon seeds, and 2 tbsp sunflower seeds and roast until the seeds turn crunchy. Add to the bowl of nuts.
4. Now roast ½ cup oats until it turns golden brown and transfer it to the same bowl.
5. Cool all the ingredients completely.
6. Add 2 tbsp chia seeds to the mixture and combine everything.
7. Transfer to a blender and pulse and blend to make a fine powder. Using pulse can prevent the release of oil from the nuts.
8. Sieve the powder to have a smooth powder.
9. Add ½ cup milk powder and mix well and your protein powder is ready.
10. Store it in an airtight container and use it within 2 months.
How to include this protein powder in your diet?
1. Mix 1-2 tbsp of protein powder to a cup of warm milk.
2. Mix 2 tbsp of protein powder to the wheat flour while kneading dough.
3. Mix 2-3 tbsp of this powder to the dosa, idli batter.
4. Mix it with fruit and vegetable smoothies or milkshakes.
So, what are you waiting for? Gather all the ingredients and prepare your protein powder at home. It is full of essential nutrients and great to boost your immunity.